PETERBOROUGH ROYAL FOXHOUND SHOW AND THE FESTIVAL OF HUNTING
Public safety and security is always our top priority particularly and we wish to reassure visitors that we work in partnership with the venue who have excellent working relationships with Cambridgeshire Police and the National Counter Terrorism Security Office to deliver a safe and enjoyable show.
We have carried out a full review of our security arrangements and contingency plans which have been approved by the Cambridgeshire Police – and we will continue to do so.
There will be an increased and visible security presence and we are implementing extra security measures both before and during the Show. Vehicle and bag checks will be in operation and we ask for your patience and help to ensure the safety of everybody on site.
East of England Agricultural Society, East of England Showground
Peterborough PE2 6XE, UK
From the A1(M) South – After passing the Peterborough Services (Junction 17) continue along the A1(M) and after a small service station take the immediate next left, signposted Alwalton, Chesterton and East of England Showground. At the T junction, turn left and travel half a mile. At the roundabout, turn right and the Showground will be directly in front of you. From here follow the show signs.
From the A1(M) North –Ignore the first signpost for Peterborough and continue travelling along the A1 picking up the brown highways signposts indicating East of England Showground, leaving the A1 at the Alwalton junction. Drive through the village with the post office on your left, turn left at the next junction and follow the road to the roundabout. At the roundabout turn right and the Showground will be directly in front of you. From here follow the show signs.
Peterborough City Centre has a number of taxi ranks, as well as a coach park and bus station located within the Queensgate Centre. The Stagecoach bus service runs an hourly service, stopping just outside the Showground. The bus numbers to look for are x4, 23 and 24 leaving Bay 15 at Peterborough Queensgate. Once you have arrived at the drop off point it is just a short walk to the main entrance at Gate 3 within The East of England Showground.
Peterborough is located on the main East Coast rail line running from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh. The station has its own taxi rank with taxis taking approximately 15 minutes.
The Showground’s location is central for London Stansted, London Luton, East Midlands and Birmingham airports – all four are approximately 60-90 minutes by car.
Visitors with blue badges will be directed to the Disabled car park where there will be a courtesy mobility vehicle offering transport to the foxhound enclosure. The disabled car park is located near the admin building through gate 3 and is marked clearly on the site plans.
We at the East of England Showground along with all third party organisers will do our best to provide you with a safe event, in a safe environment with polite and helpful staff.
By entering this site and the event you agree to:
- Abide by the Societies and Services codes of practice and safe working procedures
- Be responsible in looking after your children and pets /animals
- Be receptive to requests and directions from event staff
- Not be disruptive or abusive
Our event culture is to continually strive to control adverse actions or comments.
We hope that you will help us in making every event successful.
Failure to comply with this agreement may mean expulsion from the site.
FAIR ACCESS POLICY
The East of England Agricultural Society operates a “Fair Access” policy for disabled people attending its events and requires its Licensees (3rd parties who run events at our premises) to do the same. Disabled people attending are asked to assist us to ensure this policy works both for them and ourselves and our Licensees.
In this respect:
- Those wishing to benefit from our Fair Access policy and their carers should offer evidence of their disability/carers’ status at the point of entry to the venue. Staff are instructed to handle this discreetly and sensitively, but you will appreciate that not all disabilities are readily apparent and neither is it always obvious that a particular disability brings with it a need for a carer to accompany a disabled person because of the disability.
- The easiest way to establish a disability is to produce a “blue badge” or other registered means of identification. Where tickets are booked online or over the telephone, at the time of booking a disabled person should record the means of evidence that will be produced at the entry to the venue and then remember to show it at that point.
- If it is obvious to staff at the venue entrance that a particular disabled person cannot reasonably have access to and around an event unless accompanied by a carer then one carer will be admitted free of charge. Please be mindful that staff are not in a position to form medical judgements and so anyone who is disabled and wishes to avoid confusion or embarrassment at the gate may prefer to bring with him/her some evidence not only of the disability but also as to the status of their carer as being officially recognised in that role.
- If notwithstanding the above, you feel that you have not been allowed Fair Access to an event at the Showground then please send a written note to us within 7 days of the event quoting:
- Your name and address and that of any carer
- The gate you entered through
- The evidence of disability/carers status offered
- The action taken
- Why you do not think Fair Access was allowed
Such claims should be sent to: FOH, East of England Agricultural Society, FitzRoy House, East of England Showground, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 6XE.
We will treat such claims sympathetically but do need your help along the way.
CANCELLATION OR ABANDONMENT OF THE EVENT
No refunds will be made on the day. In the event of cancellation or abandonment of the Event, money paid in respect of advance bookings or a logical proportion thereof, will be refunded if returned to the Organisers. Refunds will only be made in respect of the event being cancelled before 6pm on Tuesday 18th July. Please send badges/tickets and car park pass stating full name and address of sender and, if different from that of sender, the full name and address of the purchaser to:
FOH, East of England Agricultural Society, FitzRoy House, East of England Showground, Oundle Road, Peterborough, PE2 6XE.
No refunds for Vice Presidency of the Peterborough Royal Foxhound Show Society will be given.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
All badges, car park labels and VP badges are sold subject to the Organisers reserving the right to refuse admission to The East of England Showground to any person, or to withdraw permission at any time to remain on the site, and shall not be required to give any reason for such action. Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the Organisers, East of England Agricultural Society, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, hounds, owners, riders, grooms, spectators, dogs, land, cars, their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. The Organisers shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the abandonment, cancellation or postponement of The Festival of Hunting, or any such eventuality.
CANCELLED BOOKINGS, LOST, FORGOTTEN OR UNSED TICKETS AND BADGES
No refunds or duplicates will be issued. This includes all lost, forgotten, unused or surplus car passes, admission tickets and VP/guest badges.
East of England Agricultural Society founded in 1863.
Registered in England at: FitzRoy House, East of England Showground, Peterborough, PE2 6XE.
Certificate of Incorporation: 1589922
Charity registration number: 283564
VAT registration number: 576653304